Lors Photography is always looking for ways to decrease our negative impact on the environment. This is why we are changing the way you will receive event photos this coming year.
Did you know that CDs are made from materials that can be hazardous to humans, animals, and the environment? The creation and destruction of compact discs releases toxic chemicals that contribute to global warming. CDs are made of polystyrene, a polymer that takes hundreds of years to biodegrade. Degradation of this material creates harmful substances (such as known carcinogens) that could contaminate our air and water. Moving toward electronic distribution is not only GREENER than sending out CDs, it will also make the process more efficient and easier for you, the user.
Benefits of Electronic Distribution
- Faster turnaround with more reliable delivery.
- No worries about losing pictures; can easily be downloaded again.
- Photographs are permanently stored in the database.
- Reduction of environmental waste.
- Can access photos anywhere.
- No longer need a physical archive.
How To Find Images
Instead of waiting for your event CDs to be sent by mail, you will now be able to download the images directly to your computer! After your event, please wait 48 hours while Lors’ photographers upload the photos to our server. Once we have the file, your school representative will contact you by email with the link to your images. Just copy and paste the link to your internet browser, and the file will automatically download. The entire process will take less time than it would for us to create your CD! Please be sure to download your images immediately as they will only be available for a few weeks.
* If you are unable to accept your event images digitally, we will continue to send you your images by mail.